Optimal Solutions Groupis a leading non-partisan public policy research firm and government contractor that conducts studies and provides technical assistance on health care, education, welfare, housing, community development, and related subjects. OPTIMAL is currently in need of a well-seasoned and experienced Contract Administrator for its Corporate Office in College Park, MD.
· Performs a broad range of pre- and post-award contracting functions in support of a variety of contractual documents.
· Analyzes contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures, as well as proposed rates, costs and/or prices. Also includes subcontracts when company is not the prime contractor.
· Prepares contractual instruments for consultants and subcontractors.
· Reviews and prepares other contractual instruments, such as teaming agreements, non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements.
· Ensures contract review, approval and execution in accordance with corporate guidelines.
· Prepares and administers routine or specialized correspondence, negotiation memoranda, and contract documentation to ensure timely and coordinated submittal.
· Prepares, organizes and maintains contract records and files documenting contract performance and compliance.
· Interfaces with contractual customers.
· Reviews financial status of and required deliverables for contracts on a monthly or as needed basis; coordinates necessary follow-up with appropriate management and technical staff.
· Performs contract closeout activities.
· Reviews solicitations and (if applicable) prepares routine or specialized response for proposals. May also prepare requests for proposals for teaming members and review their proposals.
· Participates in meetings related to proposal bid/no-bid decisions, kick-off discussions and submission requirements.
· Assists other company personnel with internal issues and developments relative to contracts.
· Other duties as requested.
· Working knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code (if applicable), and contract acquisition laws and regulations (FAR and applicable supplements).
· Wide range of experience with contract types, including firm-fixed-price, T&M, cost-reimbursable (w/fixed & award fees), GSA Federal Supply Schedule (preferably MOBIS), IDIQ (task/delivery orders).
· Strong analytical and communications skills.
· Strong writing ability for non-routine correspondence.
· Ability to prepare contractual instruments in accordance with prescribed templates and guidelines.
· Working knowledge of Deltek GCS accounting system.
· Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office environment; experience with cloud computing a plus.
· Contract activity may be routine and/or non-routine and may require development of specialized contract vehicles and techniques to accomplish business goals and objectives.
· Generally involves independent judgment and analysis of significant issue identification and recommended resolution.
· May require development of new contract policies and processes or assessment of required deviations from established norm in conjunction with management.
· Requires a lower degree of management attention.
· Other contractual professionals and company staff.
· Customers, consultants and subcontractors.
· Relevant Bachelors degree.
· Four to six years Government contract-related experience.
Optimal’s mission is to provide policy makers with rigorous and timely studies that enable our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations, to improve public well-being. For more information see www.OptimalSolutionsGroup.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified candidates will be contacted directly---NO CALLS PLEASE.
SUBMIT APPLICATION: Submit a resume and cover letter to OptimalJobs@optimalsolutionsgroup.comand include “CONTRCT” in subject line.