Business Intelligence Internship
Optimal Solutions Group LLC (“Optimal”) has an opening for a Business Intelligence (BI) Intern at its offices at the University of Maryland’s Research Park at M-Square. This BI intern will assist research and IT personnel on multiple projects. Optimal differentiates itself from other public policy research and technical assistance firms by its quantitative expertise and innovative approaches. Founded in 2000, Optimal has more than 30 active federal contracts and a multidisciplinary staff of over fifty employees with expertise in health, education, workforce development, and information technology.
The qualified BI intern will perform the following duties:
· Interact with research and IT staff to gather requirements, help prioritize the requirements, develop enhancements to the existing system, create technical specs, develop, coordinate testing, and provide training for reporting and dashboard
· Perform routine program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging, and unit testing
· Adhere to good systems development methodology
· Support the on boarding and training of Business Users and Business Analysts.
· Participates in special projects as required.
Required Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
· Spotfire Developer or Programmer training
· Experience in Spotfire, MicroStrategy, Cognos, or other BI Tools
· Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the BI reporting field.
· Strong Communication skills (Verbal and written)
· Must have strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving abilities.
· Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
Education and Experience:
· Must be actively pursuing a B.S. or Master’s degree. Majors in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, computer information Systems, or Computer Engineering preferred.
Work Hours and Compensation:
· Part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer. Compensation is commensurate with years of education, training, and pertinent experience.
· Submit cover letter and resume to OptimalJobs@OptimalSolutionsGroup.com, reference “BI Intern” in subject line.