Research Associate - Workforce Development and Social Policy
Optimal Solutions Group has an opening for a Research Associate in its Workforce Development and Social Policy Research Center.Optimal’s Workforce Development and Social Policy Research Center conduct complex projects at the U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and foundation funded sponsored research. The responsibilities of the Research Associate include providing subject area expertise; leading study design, data analyses, data collection, and other project tasks; writing sections of reports; and presenting results to technical and non-technical audiences.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of the U.S. labor market policy, industrial and labor relations, and labor regulations;
- Experience conducting complex analyses of workforce development programs or other labor market analyses;
- Strong analytical, qualitative, and quantitative abilities;
- Experience with statistics and programming with statistical packages (such as SAS or STATA);
- Demonstrated problem solving skills;
- Able to effectively communicate problems and results, orally and in writing;
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Self-motivated and interested in data-driven public policy analysis; and
- A strong commitment to professional development.
Education and Experience:
Ph.D. in Economics, Public Policy, or other relevant field.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume with a cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com Include in the subject line RESASSOC-WD