Research Associate - International Practice
Optimal Solutions Group has an opening for a Research Associate for our International Practice Research Center. Optimal is currently conducting a broad range of projects addressing key international development and policy issues.
- Responsible for designing and directing complex international research projects that involve teams of multidisciplinary staff;
- Conduct research that applies rigorous and objective analysis and will have a strong background of qualitative and/or quantitative reporting techniques.
- Serve as Project Manager, including oversight of staff and project budget(s), providing subject matter expertise, designing and performing sophisticated data analysis, and presenting results to technical and non-technical audiences.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 2 to 3 years of research experience working in/ or related to developing countries including design, implementation and analysis of rigorous evaluations;
- Experience interacting with evaluation stakeholders, including government and non-governmental organizations, and program implementers;
- Evaluation experience in developing country contexts, preferably sub-Saharan Africa and/or Latin America;
- Experience communicating study designs and findings to researchers or policymakers;
- Working knowledge of Spanish language preferred;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Self-motivated and interested in data-driven public policy analysis;
- Experience with statistics and programming with statistical packages (such as SAS or STATA).
- Willingness and ability to travel
Ph.D. preferred or Master’s degree (minimum of 5 years of experience) in economics, international development, public policy, demography, or other relevant field.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume with a cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com Include in the subject line “RA International Practice”