Health Economist/Research Associate
OPTIMAL Solutions Group is inviting health economists and policy researchers to join the Health Policy Research Center in conducting cutting edge projects in Medicaid, Medicare, health care performance measurement, substance abuse, mental health, and disabilities. Our current work includes studies on health care financing and organization, public health and disease prevention, injury epidemiology, fraud waste and abuse, adolescent and school health, community health, hospital and ambulatory care quality indicators, smoking, and reproductive health.
Health Economists/Research Associates are responsible for managing complex projects at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and other departments of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (i.e. ACF, HRSA, and SAMHSA). Responsibilities include project management, including oversight of staff and the project budget, providing subject area expertise, overseeing the development of sophisticated data analyses, and presenting results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Extensive knowledge of the U.S. health care system, including Medicare and/or Medicaid;
- Experience conducting complex analyses of health care claims, medical records, and enrollment data;
- Experience directing major studies, complex projects, writing successful technical proposals, developing and monitoring project budgets,
- Ability to supervise and evaluate the work of others; provide mentoring to research staff;
- Strong analytical, qualitative, and quantitative abilities;
- Experience with statistics and programming with statistical packages (such as SAS or STATA);
- Demonstrated problem solving skills;
- Effectively communicate problems and results, orally and in writing;
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Self-motivated and interested in data-driven public policy analysis;
- A strong commitment to professional development;
- A record of peer-reviewed journal or government publications;
Education and Experience:
M.A. or Ph.D. in Economics, Public Health, Health Policy, Public Policy, Statistics, or other relevant field. At least five (5) years of experience working in, or evaluating health care systems, either public or private.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified candidates will be contacted directly---NO CALLS PLEASE.
Send your resume and cover letter to: Jobs@OptimalSolutionsGroup.com with “Health Economist/Research Associate” in the subject line.