Senior Research Associate - Education Research Center
Optimal Solutions Group is seeking a social scientist with expertise in developmental psychology, sociology, economics, or a related discipline to join our Education Research Center. Optimal is currently conducting a broad range of projects addressing key issues in education policy and practice, including teacher preparation, charter school performance, and special education research.
Optimal is seeking candidates at the Senior Research Associate level who can provide leadership, have a strong background in quantitative analysis of educational data, and have expertise in child development and education.
- Ph.D. in psychology, education, economics, public policy, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of management experience in the research or policy arena
- Experience directing large multi-site studies, developing both large and small proposals, developing budgets, and monitoring project costs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work well in teams
- Design and monitor research projects involving advanced statistical, modeling, and analysis techniques
- Act as project director or principal investigator for research projects, supervise others working on the projects, and review their work
- Recommend proposals on which to bid, write proposals, and review technical proposals written by others
- Represent the company's expertise in specialized research or policy arenas through technical communications, testimony, publications, and conferences, reaching beyond the contracting agencies
- Manage projects to meet budget guidelines; may prepare budgets for proposals
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified candidates will be contacted directly---NO CALLS PLEASE.
Send your resume and cover letter to: Jobs@OptimalSolutionsGroup.com with “Senior Research Associate” in the subject line.