Senior Research Associate - Workforce Development
OPTIMAL Solutions Group has an opening for a Senior Research Associate in its Workforce Development and Social Policy Research Center. The Senior Research Associate would be responsible for managing complex projects at the U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and foundation funded sponsored research. Responsibilities include project management, including oversight of staff and the project budget, providing subject area expertise, overseeing the development of sophisticated data analyses, and presenting results to technical and non-technical audiences.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of the U.S. labor market policy, industrial and labor relations, and labor regulations;
- Experience conducting complex analyses of workforce development programs;
- Experience directing major studies, writing successful technical proposals, developing and monitoring project budgets;
- Strong analytical, qualitative, and quantitative abilities;
- Experience with statistics and programming with statistical packages (such as SAS or STATA);
- Experience managing large, complex projects and supervising team members;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills;
- Able to effectively communicate problems and results, orally and in writing;
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Self-motivated and interested in data-driven public policy analysis;
- A strong commitment to professional development; and
- A record of peer-reviewed journal or government publications
Education and Experience:
Ph.D. in Economics, Public Policy, or other relevant field. At least ten (10) years of experience working in, or evaluating workforce development programs.
Send your resume and cover letter to: Jobs@OptimalSolutionsGroup.com with “Senior Research Associate” in the subject line.