Mark and Tracye Turner Present UMD School of Public Health Scholarship at Dean’s Scholars Dinner
Date: May 26, 2011
Location: College Park, MD
The University of Maryland (UMD) School of Public Health (SPH) awarded the Mark and Tracye Turner Scholarship to Family Science (FMSC) student Dara Winley with at the 6th Annual Dean’s Scholars Dinner on April 7, 2011. Optimal Solutions Group, LLC (Optimal) CEO Mark Turner and COO Tracye Turner attended the award ceremony to present their scholarship to Ms. Winley, who was unanimously nominated by the department.
The event honored FMSC students with achievements in academic excellence, service and leadership, within their department as well as the community. A total of 19 recipients representing freshman through doctoral levels of education received departmental scholarships and Dean’s awards.
The following is the complete list of the ceremony’s honorees:
FMSC recipients of School of Public Health scholarships:
- Dara Winley, Mark and Tracye Turner Scholarship
- Caitlin Thomas, Fraley Award
- Ellen Pauloski and Noreal Weems, Jerry P. Wrenn Scholarship
FMSC recipients of departmental scholarships:
- Maria Vega, Noel Myricks Endowed Scholarship
- John Hart and Breanna Davis, Jeanette Spier Beavers Memorial Scholarship
- Deanna Pruitt, Ned Gaylin Endowed Scholarship
- Tiffani Stevenson Lloyd, Andrew Billingsley Endowed Scholarship Fund
FMSC recipients of SPH awards:
- Colleen Vesely, Ph.D., and Kathryn Beck, M.S., Dean’s Outstanding Graduate Scholars
- Hannah Barrett, Sasha Garcon, Fallon Goodman, Jonathan Kalish, Caitlin Thomas, and Sarah Thornton, Dean’s Senior Scholars
- Anjali Jain (Freshman), Natalie Gaudette (Sophomore), and Nkemka Anyiwo (Junior), Undergraduate Scholars
Optimal also sponsors scholarships for students attending the College for Behavioral and Social Sciences Department of Economics at UMD.